Flipkart brought a revolution in India by introducing the fad of shopping online for books. Suddenly books of all genres were accessible, easy to order and reached one’s doorstep with a single click. Eventually, a number of other players entered the market in this country, offering books at competitive prices. Landmark, Amazon, BookAdda and many more entered the fray to stake their claims.
Along with print books, ebooks have also been increasing in popularity. Why?
Here are six reasons you should buy an E-book instead of Print books, going forward:
1.Save Money! E-books are cheaper than Print Books. No cost of printing, paper and ink. No cost of storage. And no cost for transporting the physical book to your doorstep. No wonder, an e-book is almost always cheaper than the print version of the book. And Amazon now offers an e-book version of almost every book out there.
2. Download an App for Free! There are multiple book reader devices out in the market these days: the Kindle being just one of them. Of course, buying a device like this has its advantages, but if you don’t want to incur the extra cost, you can simply download a Kindle app on any of your existing devices for free! Once you have the app, purchase ebooks onto the app and open them on your phone, Tab, iPad or any device.
3. Always Available, No Matter Where You Are! You no longer need to cart a hefty novel around in your bag. An e-book is only as heavy as the device you open it on. A Kindle, an iPad, a Tab or your smartphone are all light, easy to carry and always available. No matter where you are, you’ll always have at least one of these devices around you. Just flip to your book and start reading!
4. Easy on Eyes, Adjust the Text Size A Kindle has been developed especially to suit your eyes. You can read for hours and it feels just like reading from the paper. What’s more, adjust the text size to suit your requirement and you won’t find yourself straining to read tiny alphabets. While a Kindle app on other devices won’t read like paper, it does allow you to adjust screen brightness and text size. Also , a print book will let you down when the lighting is low, but an e-book with backlight is easy-to-read, no matter where you are!
5. Read More Than One Book at a Time! For those of you who like to read more than one book at a time, or are going on a holiday and want to keep a couple of books with you, here’s the perfect solution. Store away multiple books on your device and read whichever you want, whenever you want. It doesn’t get more convenient than that!
6. Discover Hidden Gems A lot of budding authors these days are choosing to self-publish rather than opt for traditional publishing. Such books may be available as e-books exclusively. In fact, that is how I have published my novels too! If you dig through your e-book reader or app, you could discover interesting new books by browsing online and get them cheap as well.
You may like the feel of a book in your hands, but just try ebooks and you’ll be sold. Buy your Kindle now or download a Kindle app on your devices, and start stashing away books in your pocket.
What is your favourite way of reading books? Do you read e-books?
PIyushi Dhir is the author of the romantic novels, 'In Search of Love' (2014), 'I'm Yours, The Next Time' (2015) and 'Enmeshed Evermore' (2015). A voracious reader, a keen traveler and an ardent dog-lover, Piyushi currently resides in Ivory Coast, Africa. A nomad at heart, she loves to discover new places and capture the hues of life with her pen.